Nineteen hijackers took control of four commercial airliners.
At 8:46 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 was crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower.
At 9:03 a.m., United Airlines Flight 175 hit the South Tower.
At 9:37 a.m., another group of hijackers flew American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon.
At 10:03 a.m., United Airlines Flight 93, crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
That airline was thought to either targeting the United States Capitol or the White House.
There were a total of 2,996 deaths, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims. The victims included 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,606 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon. All the deaths in the attacks were civilians, except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon

What do you remember of this day 10 years ago? Where were you when it happened? I was at school when it happened. I remember coming home and watching the videos over and over on the news with my family. I didn’t want to show you photos of that day, because I know it is every hard to see even 10 years later. I want to help people that maybe still are grieving. Today will never be forgotten and neither will the lives of these loved people.
What is Death?Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without affect,
without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.~ Henry Scott Holland
Here is a painting that I did for today.  Hope you like it. Lost but never forgotten….


Don’t forget to smile!


47. Having today
48. all the hero’s that helped with 911
49. Warm sunshine on my face
50.  not knowing Gods plan but knowing it will work out
51. All the families and friends of the lost

0 comments so far...:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!