As a new Christian I have had to be more creative in learning to give myself to the lord, giving him my problems so he can bare my stresses and make me free.

“Don’t worry about anything” Phil 4:6


Everyone keeps telling me to give it to the lord. But I don’t know how to do that.
So being the crafter that I am I have created a box. So I can write down my troubles, worries or prayers and give them to him, by putting them in the box. 



 I think that it will help me to feel more connected to him and to lift all this worry away. I always feel awkward because if someone is here then I feel that it might be weird or even my honey; I know he doesn’t want to hear it. So this will fix that problem too!

Did anyone else have trouble praying when they first started? I am still finding it awkward to be talking to the wall…
Don’t forget to smile!

4 comments:

  1. Tamara,
    I think it's very common to feel as you do, being that you're a new Christian. I became a Christian at the age of 15 and I can recall feeling much the same way, initially. As I've grown in my faith, I've learned that prayer doesn't need to be collection of flowery words. You simply "talk to God"/pray just as you would with your best friend. Many times when I pray, I speak to God in my heart. However it happens, just know that He loves you and He's listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did but now I talk to the Lord like I'm having a conversation with someone right in front of me, lol I'm sure people think I'm talking ot myself! I think maybe it just takes time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That prayer box you have made is so beautiful. I want one for myself :) Dont feel embarrassed or anything because you feel weird praying to yourself or out loud. It takes a while to get use to it. Not even I am fully use to it yet and I have been a christian for 8 years haha. Just do what feels good for you :) SO happy for you girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. Sometimes I still find it difficult. But then,sometimes, something amazing happens. I hang on to those times when I'm feeling that "talking to the cieling" feeling. God is so good, and so amazing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!