So on Monday I went to my first bible study session. I am not going to lie I was super nervous and about an hour before my stomach was aching. I am not sure why but the butterflies were going crazy!! I was getting to the point I was making excused not to go, but I did.
And I am so glad that I did, it was really fun. Getting out of the house and just being with people and getting to know them. There were 10 of us including the pastor and we read though Acts Chapter 2. It was very interesting to learn, and the girl beside me was amazing, she knew everything. We did a work sheet type thing and she was so nice to me and we worked together. I was very quite at the start but I started warming up right away it didn’t take me long. I will definitely go again, and I won’t be nervous.
Also remember this post, when I asked you to pray for my friend. Well the next day, after some very lovely comments I must add, I found this sign. They always have saying on the board but I never really look at them, but this one caught my eye.  It has stuck with me this week and I have been mulling it over. And it wasn’t until tonight I think I know why it has been in my mind.


When we used to live in our old house I used to take the bus all the time. There was this one lady that was always happy and smiley and loved to talk to me. A little while later I found out that she just lived across the street from me. We talked all the time and kind of became friends. Well a while back when I was still taking the bus, she got a new job as a dishwasher and a restaurant down town. We were talking about how she always works late and the buses don’t run here past 6pm, so she had to walk home from work at night. We live on the other side of town, I have done the walk myself and it takes me a little over an hour to walk it. I don’t know how she does it everyday.
Anyway, I was driving home from my friend’s house tonight and I saw her walking. At 11 at night!! So I stopped and asked her if she needed a ride. She was so grateful and thanked me over and over. I just kept thinking to myself, it’s not that big of a deal. But for her it was, it was -2 out and she had got off of work at 10, so she has already been walking for an hour. I was just so happy to see her again that it didn’t matter to me.
I think that’s the problem with people these days, they think if they do a good deed for someone that it’s going to waist there time. Or others just think about what they’re getting out of it. Hardly anyone will just do a good deed for someone out of the kindness of their heart.

Well I did and her smile was payment enough for me!!

Don’t forget to smile!

0 comments so far...:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!