This month the theme for Movie Mondays is going to be childhood favorites. With Christmas fast approaching everyone that I know is reminiscing of the ‘good ol’ days’ back when there were no bills or car payments to worry about. Back when life made sense and you didn’t have to care if something didn’t work out.
Isn’t it so funny, when you’re a kid all you think about is ‘I can’t wait to grow up so I can do…’ and now that you are grown up you want to go back to when you were a kid. Silly how that works, but I guess you always want what you don’t have.
Well back in the day and still to this day my favorite movie is….

Mary Poppins!

Plot Summary:
The movie combines songs, colour and sequences of live action blended with the movements of animated figures. Mary Poppins is a kind of Super-Nanny who flies in with her umbrella in response to the request of the Banks children and proceeds to put things right with the aid of her rather extraordinary magical powers.
I love it, Julie Andrews is amazing and has a wonderful voice. Dick Van Dyck is hilarious and keeps the movie funny and light. My favorite part of the movie would have to be the chimney sweep scene, if I can only pick one.
Step in time!

If you haven’t seen this movie here is the video.
This movie has always been a favorite of mine and I look forward to the day my children can enjoy it as well. For me this movie is

5 Stars!

 
Also there is going to be a new addition to this little blog of mine. I have partnered with my beautiful little sister to do a monthly book review. She loves to read and she reads such a wide verity of books, that I thought it would be fun. This month she has picked…

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

So if you feel like reading along you can look forward to her review of the book at the end of this month.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend, see you again soon.
 photo blogsignature_zps97cd4969.png

0 comments so far...:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!